29 matches for Health Care
|Alternate Occupation Titles||6 matches|
|O*NET-SOC Description||1 match|
|Detailed Work Activities||8 matches|
Alternate Occupation Titles
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Coordinator, Child Health
- Director of Palliative Care
- Family Health Nurse Practitioner
- Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
- Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic, or chronic illness, independently or as part of a healthcare team. May focus on health promotion and disease prevention. May order, perform, or interpret diagnostic tests such as lab work and x rays. May prescribe medication. Must be registered nurses who have specialized graduate education.
- Advocate for accessible health care that minimizes environmental health risks.
- Develop treatment plans, based on scientific rationale, standards of care, and professional practice guidelines.
- Diagnose or treat acute health care problems, such as illnesses, infections, or injuries.
- Diagnose or treat chronic health care problems, such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
- Diagnose or treat complex, unstable, comorbid, episodic, or emergency conditions in collaboration with other health care providers as necessary.
- Keep abreast of regulatory processes and payer systems, such as Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, and private sources.
- Maintain complete and detailed records of patients' health care plans and prognoses.
- Perform primary care procedures such as suturing, splinting, administering immunizations, taking cultures, and debriding wounds.
- Provide patients or caregivers with assistance in locating health care resources.
- Provide patients with information needed to promote health, reduce risk factors, or prevent disease or disability.
- Recommend interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Schedule follow-up visits to monitor patients or evaluate health or illness care.
- Supervise or coordinate patient care or support staff activities.
- Treat or refer patients for primary care conditions, such as headaches, hypertension, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, and dermatological conditions.
Detailed Work Activities
- Advise patients on healthcare system processes.
- Advise patients on effects of health conditions or treatments.
- Collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment.
- Follow protocols or regulations for healthcare activities.
- Provide health and wellness advice to patients, program participants, or caregivers.
- Refer patients to other healthcare practitioners or health resources.
- Supervise patient care personnel.
- Train patients, family members, or caregivers in techniques for managing disabilities or illnesses.
Learn more on the