Related occupations for task:
Measure, mark, or record openings or distances to layout areas where construction work will be performed.
- Locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on boiler foundations, following blueprints and using straightedges, squares, transits, or measuring instruments.
- Lay out plate, sheet steel, or other heavy metal and locate and mark bending and cutting lines, using protractors, compasses, and drawing instruments or templates.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
- Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut carpeting to size with a carpet knife, following floor sketches and allowing extra carpet for final fitting.
- Take measurements and study floor sketches to calculate the area to be carpeted and the amount of material needed.
- Mark vertical guidelines on walls to align strips, using plumb bobs and chalk lines.
- Measure surfaces or review work orders to estimate the quantities of materials needed.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Hang dry lines to wall moldings to guide positioning of main runners.
See more related occupations >>