Related occupations for task:
Apply primers or sealers to prepare new surfaces, such as bare wood or metal, for finish coats.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Sweep, scrape, sand, or chip dirt and irregularities to clean base surfaces, correcting imperfections that may show through the covering.
- Form a smooth foundation by stapling plywood or Masonite over the floor or by brushing waterproof compound onto surface and filling cracks with plaster, putty, or grout to seal pores.
||Plasterers and Stucco Masons
- Clean and prepare surfaces for applications of plaster, cement, stucco, or similar materials, such as by drywall taping.
- Rough the undercoat surface with a scratcher so the finish coat will adhere.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Remove grease, dirt, paint, or rust from surfaces in preparation for paint application, using abrasives, solvents, brushes, blowtorches, washing tanks, or sandblasters.
- Sand and apply sealer to properly dried finish.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth with a trowel.
See all 11 related occupations >>