Related occupations for task:
Cut stencils and brush or spray lettering or decorations on surfaces.
||Plasterers and Stucco Masons
- Apply coats of plaster or stucco to walls, ceilings, or partitions of buildings, using trowels, brushes, or spray guns.
- Apply weatherproof, decorative coverings to exterior surfaces of buildings, such as by troweling or spraying on coats of stucco.
- Create decorative textures in finish coat, using brushes or trowels, sand, pebbles, or stones.
- Cure freshly plastered surfaces.
- Spray acoustic materials or texture finish over walls or ceilings.
- Smooth strips or sections of paper with brushes or rollers to remove wrinkles and bubbles and to smooth joints.
- Cover interior walls and ceilings of rooms with decorative wallpaper or fabric, using hand tools.
- Measure and cut strips from rolls of wallpaper or fabric, using shears or razors.
- Place strips or sections of paper on surfaces, aligning section edges and patterns.
- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut carpeting to size with a carpet knife, following floor sketches and allowing extra carpet for final fitting.
- Cut and trim carpet to fit along wall edges, openings, and projections, finishing the edges with a wall trimmer.
- Cut carpet padding to size and install padding, following prescribed method.
- Cut and bind material.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Cut flooring material to fit around obstructions.
- Cut covering and foundation materials, according to blueprints and sketches.
- Lay out, position, and apply shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, or decorative coverings to floors, walls, and cabinets, following guidelines to keep courses straight and create designs.
- Create patterns on glass by etching, sandblasting, or painting designs.
- Measure, cut, fit, and press anti-glare adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
See all 13 related occupations >>