- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Solder electrical connections, using soldering iron.
- Bolt component parts together to form tower assemblies, using hand tools.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, or fixtures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
||Elevator Installers and Repairers
- Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors.
- Install electrical wires and controls by attaching conduit along shaft walls from floor to floor and pulling plastic-covered wires through the conduit.
- Assemble electrically powered stairs, steel frameworks, and tracks, and install associated motors and electrical wiring.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering irons.
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refueling systems, using hand tools and soldering irons.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Install new fuses, electrical cables, or power sources as required.
- Install fixtures, outlets, terminal boards, switches, and wall boxes, using hand tools.