Related occupations for task:
Inspect or test lines or cables, recording and analyzing test results, to assess transmission characteristics and locate faults or malfunctions.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Inspect equipment on a regular basis to ensure proper functioning.
- Analyze test readings, computer printouts, and trouble reports to determine equipment repair needs and required repair methods.
- Examine telephone transmission facilities to determine requirements for new or additional telephone services.
- Examine malfunctioning radio equipment to locate defects such as loose connections, broken wires, or burned-out components, using schematic diagrams and test equipment.
- Monitor radio range stations to detect transmission flaws and adjust controls to eliminate flaws.
||Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Analyze test data to diagnose malfunctions, to determine performance characteristics of systems, or to evaluate effects of system modifications.
- Interpret flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
See all 7 related occupations >>