Related occupations for task:
Test tubes and pickups in electronic amplifier units, and solder parts and connections as necessary.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Solder, wrap, and coat wires to ensure proper insulation.
- Test conditions, fluid levels, and specific gravities of electrolyte cells, using voltmeters, hydrometers, and thermometers.
- Test battery charges, and replace or recharge batteries as necessary.
||Electrical Power-Line Installers and Repairers
- Test conductors, according to electrical diagrams and specifications, to identify corresponding conductors and to prevent incorrect connections.
- Splice or solder cables together or to overhead transmission lines, customer service lines, or street light lines, using hand tools, epoxies, or specialized equipment.
- Clean, tin, and splice corresponding conductors by twisting ends together or by joining ends with metal clamps and soldering connections.
||Radio, Cellular, and Tower Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Repair circuits, wiring, and soldering, using soldering irons and hand tools to install parts and adjust connections.
- Test batteries, using hydrometers and ammeters, and charge batteries as necessary.
||Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Inspect and test operation, mechanical parts, and circuitry of gate crossings, signals, and signal equipment such as interlocks and hotbox detectors.
- Tighten loose bolts, using wrenches, and test circuits and connections by opening and closing gates.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Reassemble and test equipment after repairs.
- Splice wires with knives or cutting pliers, and solder connections to fixtures, outlets, and equipment.
See all 20 related occupations >>