Related occupations for task:
Implement changes to machine programs, and enter new specifications, using computers.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Machine Tool Programmers, Metal and Plastic
- Write programs in the language of a machine's controller and store programs on media such as punch tapes, magnetic tapes, or disks.
- Revise programs or tapes to eliminate errors, and retest programs to check that problems have been solved.
- Write instruction sheets and cutter lists for a machine's controller to guide setup and encode numerical control tapes.
- Enter computer commands to store or retrieve parts patterns, graphic displays, or programs that transfer data to other media.
- Modify existing programs to enhance efficiency.
- Enter coordinates of hole locations into program memories by depressing pedals or buttons of programmers.
||Model Makers, Metal and Plastic
- Program computer numerical control (CNC) machines to fabricate model parts.
- Use computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacture (CAM) software or hardware to fabricate model parts.
||Printing Press Operators
- Adjust digital files to alter print elements, such as fonts, graphics, or color separations.
- Input production job settings into workstation terminals that control automated printing systems.
||Prepress Technicians and Workers
- Enter, position, and alter text size, using computers, to make up and arrange pages so that printed materials can be produced.
- Enter, store, and retrieve information on computer-aided equipment.
||Patternmakers, Metal and Plastic
- Program computerized numerical control machine tools.
See all 15 related occupations >>