Related occupations for task:
Inspect and test products to verify conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments or circuit testers.
||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure and examine extruded products to locate defects and to check for conformance to specifications, adjusting controls as necessary to alter products.
- Test physical properties of products with testing devices such as acid-bath testers, burst testers, and impact testers.
||Tool and Die Makers
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine parts to ensure metal shades and colors conform to specifications, using knowledge of metal heat-treating.
- Test parts for hardness, using hardness testing equipment, or by examining and feeling samples.
||Layout Workers, Metal and Plastic
- Inspect machined parts to verify conformance to specifications.
||Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
See all 9 related occupations >>