Related occupations for task:
Wire and solder electrical and electronic connections and components.
||Solderers and Brazers
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of workpieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment.
- Melt and apply solder to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products, using soldering equipment.
- Smooth soldered areas with alternate strokes of paddles and torches, leaving soldered sections slightly higher than surrounding areas for later filing.
- Sweat together workpieces coated with solder.
- Dip workpieces into molten solder or place solder strips between seams and heat seams with irons to bond items together.
||Precious Metal Workers
- Solder parts together or fill holes and cracks with metal solder, using gas torches.
- Position and align auxiliary parts in jigs and join parts, using solder and blowtorches.
- Make repairs, such as enlarging or reducing ring sizes, soldering pieces of jewelry together, and replacing broken clasps and mountings.
- Burn grooves or crevices in molds in order to correct defects, using soldering guns.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Dress electrodes, using tip dressers, files, emery cloths, or dressing wheels.
See all 11 related occupations >>