Related Occupations for Task
15-1131.00 - Computer Programmers
Related occupations for task:
Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
||Computer Systems Analysts
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
- Use object-oriented programming languages, as well as client and server applications development processes and multimedia and Internet technology.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
- Automate the deployment of software updates over geographically distributed network nodes.
- Develop a maintainable code base using object-oriented design principles, practices, or patterns.
||Geographic Information Systems Technologists and Technicians
- Perform computer programming, data analysis, or software development for Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications, including the maintenance of existing systems or research and development for future enhancements.
- Design, program, or model Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications or procedures.
- Test programs or databases, correct errors, and make necessary modifications.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
See all 20 related occupations >>