Related occupations for task:
Counsel individuals regarding interpersonal, health, financial, or religious problems.
||Community Health Workers
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to improving general health, such as diet or exercise.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to diagnostic screenings, such as breast cancer screening, pap smears, glaucoma tests, or diabetes screenings.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to risk or prevention of conditions, such as lead poisoning, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), prenatal substance abuse, or domestic violence.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to self-care, such as diabetes management.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to sanitation or hygiene, such as flossing or hand washing.
- Advise clients or community groups to ensure parental understanding of the importance of childhood immunizations and how to access immunization services.
||Child, Family, and School Social Workers
- Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required.
- Counsel individuals, groups, families, or communities regarding issues including mental health, poverty, unemployment, substance abuse, physical abuse, rehabilitation, social adjustment, child care, or medical care.
- Lead group counseling sessions that provide support in such areas as grief, stress, or chemical dependency.
||Mental Health Counselors
- Encourage clients to express their feelings and discuss what is happening in their lives, helping them to develop insight into themselves or their relationships.
- Discuss with individual patients their plans for life after leaving therapy.
- Instruct people who seek conversion to a particular faith.
- Counsel individuals or groups concerning their spiritual, emotional, or personal needs.
||Marriage and Family Therapists
- Ask questions that will help clients identify their feelings and behaviors.
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, or financial difficulties.
See all 8 related occupations >>