Related occupations for task:
Evaluate information from documents such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
||Title Examiners, Abstractors, and Searchers
- Examine documentation such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements to verify factors such as properties' legal descriptions, ownership, or restrictions.
- Examine individual titles to determine if restrictions, such as delinquent taxes, will affect titles and limit property use.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of land-related documents accepted for registration, preparing rejection notices when documents are not acceptable.
||Paralegals and Legal Assistants
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Arbitrate disputes between parties and assist in the real estate closing process, such as by reviewing title searches.
||Administrative Law Judges, Adjudicators, and Hearing Officers
- Research and analyze laws, regulations, policies, and precedent decisions to prepare for hearings and to determine conclusions.
- Review and evaluate data on documents, such as claim applications, birth or death certificates, or physician or employer records.
- Search for and examine public and other legal records to write opinions or establish ownership.