Related occupations for task:
Learn about competitors' products or consumers' interests or concerns to answer questions or provide more complete information.
||Sales Representatives, Wholesale and Manufacturing, Technical and Scientific Products
- Visit establishments to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Study documentation or other information for new scientific or technical products.
- Obtain building blueprints or specifications for use by engineering departments in bid preparations.
||Insurance Sales Agents
- Confer with clients to obtain and provide information when claims are made on a policy.
- Interview prospective clients to obtain data about their financial resources and needs, the physical condition of the person or property to be insured, and to discuss any existing coverage.
- Attend meetings, seminars, and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
- Read catalogs, microfiche viewers, or computer displays to determine replacement part stock numbers and prices.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
||Sales Agents, Securities and Commodities
- Interview clients to determine clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, or financial objectives.
- Contact prospective customers to determine customer needs, present information, or explain available services.
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements.
See all 15 related occupations >>