Related Occupations for Task
43-2021.00 - Telephone Operators
Related occupations for task:
Perform clerical duties such as typing, proofreading, and sorting mail.
||Proofreaders and Copy Markers
- Mark copy to indicate and correct errors in type, arrangement, grammar, punctuation, or spelling, using standard printers' marks.
- Read corrected copies or proofs to ensure that all corrections have been made.
- Correct or record omissions, errors, or inconsistencies found.
- Typeset and measure dimensions, spacing, and positioning of page elements, such as copy and illustrations, to verify conformance to specifications, using printer's ruler or layout software.
- Read proof sheets aloud, calling out punctuation marks and spelling unusual words and proper names.
||Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Sort and route incoming mail, and collect outgoing mail, using carts as necessary.
- Place incoming or outgoing letters or packages into sacks or bins based on destination or type, and place identifying tags on sacks or bins.
- Stamp dates and times of receipt of incoming mail.
||Office Clerks, General
- Open, sort, and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail.
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Type, format, proofread, and edit correspondence and other documents, from notes or dictating machines, using computers or typewriters.
||Couriers and Messengers
- Sort items to be delivered according to the delivery route.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming mail.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Perform various data entry or word processing tasks, such as updating phone directories, typing or proofreading documents, or creating schedules.
- Process incoming or outgoing mail, packages, or deliveries.
See more related occupations >>