Related occupations for task:
Gather data pertaining to customer needs, and use the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system and network requirements.
||Software Developers, Applications
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
||Software Developers, Systems Software
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints, or need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
||Computer Systems Analysts
- Determine computer software or hardware needed to set up or alter system.
- Analyze information processing or computation needs and plan and design computer systems, using techniques such as structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Interview or survey workers, observe job performance or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how it is processed.
||Information Technology Project Managers
- Identify need for initial or supplemental project resources.
- Assess current or future customer needs and priorities by communicating directly with customers, conducting surveys, or other methods.
||Telecommunications Engineering Specialists
- Assess existing facilities' needs for new or modified telecommunications systems.
- Inspect sites to determine physical configuration, such as device locations and conduit pathways.
See all 11 related occupations >>