Related occupations for task:
Milk animals such as cows and goats, by hand or using milking machines.
||Agricultural Equipment Operators
- Operate or tend equipment used in agricultural production, such as tractors, combines, and irrigation equipment.
- Manipulate controls to set, activate, and adjust mechanisms on machinery.
- Operate towed machines such as seed drills or manure spreaders to plant, fertilize, dust, and spray crops.
- Drive trucks to haul crops, supplies, tools, or farm workers.
- Walk beside or ride on planting machines while inserting plants in planter mechanisms at specified intervals.
||Nonfarm Animal Caretakers
- Feed and water animals according to schedules and feeding instructions.
- Perform animal grooming duties, such as washing, brushing, clipping, and trimming coats, cutting nails, and cleaning ears.
- Transfer animals between enclosures to facilitate breeding, birthing, shipping, or rearrangement of exhibits.
- Exercise animals to maintain their physical and mental health.
- Find homes for stray or unwanted animals.
- Feed and water animals, and clean and disinfect pens, cages, yards, and hutches.
- Bathe and groom animals.
- Clip or shear hair on animals.
||First-Line Supervisors of Animal Husbandry and Animal Care Workers
- Perform the same animal care duties as subordinates.
- Study feed, weight, health, genetic, or milk production records to determine feed formulas and rations and breeding schedules.
- Operate tractors and other machinery and equipment to fertilize, cultivate, harvest, and spray fields and plants.
See all 8 related occupations >>