Related occupations for task:
Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, power saws, knives, or scissors.
- Roll out, measure, mark, and cut carpeting to size with a carpet knife, following floor sketches and allowing extra carpet for final fitting.
- Cut and trim carpet to fit along wall edges, openings, and projections, finishing the edges with a wall trimmer.
- Measure, cut and install tackless strips along the baseboard or wall.
- Cut carpet padding to size and install padding, following prescribed method.
- Cut and bind material.
- Measure and mark outlines or patterns on glass to indicate cutting lines.
- Measure mirrors and dimensions of areas to be covered to determine work procedures.
- Measure, cut, fit, and press anti-glare adhesive film to glass or spray glass with tinting solution to prevent light glare.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Cut flooring material to fit around obstructions.
- Measure and mark guidelines on surfaces or foundations, using chalk lines and dividers.
- Cut covering and foundation materials, according to blueprints and sketches.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut.
- Cut and install insulating or sound-absorbing material.
- Cut tile or linoleum to fit and spread adhesives on flooring for installation.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Measure and mark surfaces to lay out work, according to blueprints or drawings, using tape measures, straightedges or squares, and marking devices.
- Measure and cut openings in panels or tiles for electrical outlets, windows, vents, plumbing, or other fixtures, using keyhole saws or other cutting tools.
See more related occupations >>