Related occupations for task:
Position and secure steel bars, rods, cables, or mesh in concrete forms, using fasteners, rod-bending machines, blowtorches, or hand tools.
||Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Connect columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Bolt aligned structural steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Erect metal or precast concrete components for structures, such as buildings, bridges, dams, towers, storage tanks, fences, or highway guard rails.
- Force structural steel members into final positions, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, or hand tools.
- Pull, push, or pry structural steel members into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Unload and position prefabricated steel units for hoisting, as needed.
- Drive drift pins through rivet holes to align rivet holes in structural steel members with corresponding holes in previously placed members.
- Ride on girders or other structural steel members to position them, or use rope to guide them into position.
- Set metal or wooden posts in upright positions in postholes.
- Align posts, by lines or sighting, and verify vertical alignment of posts, using plumb bobs or spirit levels.
- Stretch wire, wire mesh, or chain link fencing between posts, and attach fencing to frames.
- Complete top fence rails of metal fences by connecting tube sections, using metal sleeves.
- Insert metal tubing through rail supports.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Cut and screw together metal channels to make floor or ceiling frames, according to plans for the location of rooms or hallways.
- Install horizontal and vertical metal or wooden studs to frames so that wallboard can be attached to interior walls.
- Fasten metal or rockboard lath to the structural framework of walls, ceilings, or partitions of buildings, using nails, screws, staples, or wire-ties.
- Install metal lath where plaster applications will be exposed to weather or water, or for curved or irregular surfaces.
- Fabricate or install metal sashes or moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing.
- Install pre-assembled metal or wood frameworks for windows or doors to be fitted with glass panels, using hand tools.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete or pattern or stamp the surface to provide a decorative finish.
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes for reinforcing rods, and position reinforcing rods to repair concrete, using power saw and drill.
See all 15 related occupations >>