Related occupations for task:
Observe and test operation of appliances following installation, and make any initial installation adjustments that are necessary.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Play instruments to evaluate their sound quality and to locate any defects.
- Compare instrument pitches with tuning tool pitches to tune instruments.
- Strike wood, fiberglass, or metal bars of instruments, and use tuned blocks, stroboscopes, or electronic tuners to evaluate tones made by instruments.
- Listen to engines, examine vehicle frames, or confer with customers to determine nature and extent of malfunction or damage.
- Reassemble and test subassembly units.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, or pressure gauges.
||Manufactured Building and Mobile Home Installers
- Inspect, examine, and test the operation of parts or systems to evaluate operating condition and to determine if repairs are needed.
- Open and close doors, windows, and drawers to test their operation, trimming edges to fit, using jackplanes or drawknives.
||Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Start motors and monitor performance for signs of malfunctioning, such as smoke, excessive vibration, or misfiring.
- Idle motors and observe thermometers to determine the effectiveness of cooling systems.
See more related occupations >>