Related occupations for task:
Set appliance thermostats, and check to ensure that they are functioning properly.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Turn valves to allow measured amounts of air or gas to pass through meters at specified flow rates.
- Vary air pressure flowing into regulators and turn handles to assess functioning of valves and pistons.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Make adjustments to meter components, such as setscrews or timing mechanisms, so that they conform to specifications.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Adjust string tensions to tune instruments, using hand tools and electronic tuning devices.
- String instruments, and adjust trusses and bridges of instruments to obtain specified string tensions and heights.
- Adjust felt hammers on pianos to increase tonal mellowness or brilliance, using sanding paddles, lacquer, or needles.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Adjust working parts, such as fan belts, contacts, and springs, using hand tools and gauges.
- Verify and adjust alignments and dimensions of parts, using gauges and tracing lathes.
- Set machinery for proper performance, using computers.
||Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
- Observe and test system operation, using gauges and instruments.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
- Adjust or replace worn or defective mechanisms and parts and reassemble repaired systems.
||Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers
- Install, connect, or adjust thermostats, humidistats, or timers.
- Inspect and test systems to verify system compliance with plans and specifications or to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Adjust system controls to settings recommended by manufacturer to balance system.
See more related occupations >>