Related occupations for task:
Inspect, examine, and test the operation of parts or systems to evaluate operating condition and to determine if repairs are needed.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Play instruments to evaluate their sound quality and to locate any defects.
- Compare instrument pitches with tuning tool pitches to tune instruments.
- Strike wood, fiberglass, or metal bars of instruments, and use tuned blocks, stroboscopes, or electronic tuners to evaluate tones made by instruments.
- Inspect the condition of underwater steel or wood structures.
- Inspect and test docks, ships, buoyage systems, plant intakes or outflows, or underwater pipelines, cables, or sewers, using closed circuit television, still photography, and testing equipment.
- Carry out non-destructive testing, such as tests for cracks on the legs of oil rigs at sea.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Observe and test operation of appliances following installation, and make any initial installation adjustments that are necessary.
- Set appliance thermostats, and check to ensure that they are functioning properly.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, or pressure gauges.
||Recreational Vehicle Service Technicians
- Diagnose and repair furnace or air conditioning systems.
- Open and close doors, windows, or drawers to test their operation, trimming edges to fit, as necessary.
See more related occupations >>