Related occupations for task:
Inspect and test operation, mechanical parts, and circuitry of gate crossings, signals, and signal equipment such as interlocks and hotbox detectors.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Test conditions, fluid levels, and specific gravities of electrolyte cells, using voltmeters, hydrometers, and thermometers.
- Test battery charges, and replace or recharge batteries as necessary.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Inspect and test equipment and circuits to identify malfunctions or defects, using wiring diagrams and testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, or ammeters.
- Test insulators and bushings of equipment by inducing voltage across insulation, testing current, and calculating insulation loss.
||Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections or broken insulation.
- Test batteries, using hydrometers and ammeters, and charge batteries as necessary.
||Home Appliance Repairers
- Trace electrical circuits, following diagrams, and conduct tests with circuit testers and other equipment to locate shorts and grounds.
See all 17 related occupations >>