Related occupations for task:
Notify other workers of defects, and direct them to adjust extruding and forming machines.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Start conveyors and open furnace doors to load stock, or signal crane operators to uncover soaking pits and lower ingots into them.
- Place completed workpieces on conveyors, using cold rods, tongs, or chain hoists, or signal crane operators to transport them to subsequent stations.
- Signal forklift operators to deposit or extract containers of parts into and from furnaces and quenching rinse tanks.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Collect samples, or signal workers to sample metal for analysis.
- Position equipment such as ladles, grinding wheels, pouring nozzles, or crucibles, or signal other workers to position equipment.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Listen for malfunction alarms, and shut down equipment and notify supervisors when necessary.
- Notify or signal other workers to operate equipment or when processing is complete.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe flow of materials and listen for machine malfunctions, such as jamming or spillage, and notify supervisors if corrective actions fail.
- Signal coworkers to synchronize flow of materials.
||Gas Plant Operators
- Contact maintenance crews when necessary.
- Signal or direct workers who tend auxiliary equipment.
See more related occupations >>