Related occupations for task:
Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs, or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
- Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Perform Web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any Web site or product revision.
- Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Correct errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Review procedures in database management system manuals for making changes to database.
- Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
||Computer Systems Analysts
- Test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Read manuals, periodicals, and technical reports to learn how to develop programs that meet staff and user requirements.
See all 12 related occupations >>