Related occupations for task:
Test timepiece accuracy and performance, using meters and other electronic instruments.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Play instruments to evaluate their sound quality and to locate any defects.
- Compare instrument pitches with tuning tool pitches to tune instruments.
- Strike wood, fiberglass, or metal bars of instruments, and use tuned blocks, stroboscopes, or electronic tuners to evaluate tones made by instruments.
||Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Test and repair track circuits.
- Test air lines and air cylinders on pneumatically operated gates.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, or pressure gauges.
||Manufactured Building and Mobile Home Installers
- Inspect, examine, and test the operation of parts or systems to evaluate operating condition and to determine if repairs are needed.
- Open and close doors, windows, and drawers to test their operation, trimming edges to fit, using jackplanes or drawknives.
||Industrial Machinery Mechanics
- Operate newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
See more related occupations >>