Related occupations for task:
Test and replace batteries and other electronic components.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Test conditions, fluid levels, and specific gravities of electrolyte cells, using voltmeters, hydrometers, and thermometers.
- Repair and operate battery-charging equipment.
- Test battery charges, and replace or recharge batteries as necessary.
||Audiovisual Equipment Installers and Repairers
- Disassemble entertainment equipment and repair or replace loose, worn, or defective components and wiring, using hand tools and soldering irons.
- Install, service, and repair electronic equipment or instruments such as televisions, radios, and videocassette recorders.
- Calibrate and test equipment, and locate circuit and component faults, using hand and power tools and measuring and testing instruments such as resistance meters and oscilloscopes.
||Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Construct, test, maintain, and repair substation relay and control systems.
- Test insulators and bushings of equipment by inducing voltage across insulation, testing current, and calculating insulation loss.
||Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Inspect and test operation, mechanical parts, and circuitry of gate crossings, signals, and signal equipment such as interlocks and hotbox detectors.
- Tighten loose bolts, using wrenches, and test circuits and connections by opening and closing gates.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Reassemble and test equipment after repairs.
- Repair or rebuild equipment such as starters, generators, distributors, or door controls, using electrician's tools.
See more related occupations >>