Related Occupations for Task
13-1081.01 - Logistics Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Develop or maintain cost estimates, forecasts, or cost models.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
- Review material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
||Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Evaluate practicality of repair as opposed to payment of market value of vehicle before accident.
- Estimate parts and labor to repair damage, using standard automotive labor and parts cost manuals and knowledge of automotive repair.
- Quote duty and tax rates on goods to be imported, based on federal tariffs and excise taxes.
||Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators
- Review police reports, medical treatment records, medical bills, or physical property damage to determine the extent of liability.
||Appraisers and Assessors of Real Estate
- Estimate building replacement costs, using building valuation manuals and professional cost estimators.