Related occupations for task:
Create mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Lay out and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Design scale or full-size blueprints of specialty items, such as furniture and automobile body or chassis components.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Lay out, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Draw freehand sketches of designs, trace finished drawings onto designated paper for the reproduction of blueprints, and reproduce working drawings on copy machines.
- Shade or color drawings to clarify and emphasize details and dimensions or eliminate background, using ink, crayon, airbrush, and overlays.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Draft detail drawing or sketch for drafting room completion or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet or wood shops.
- Prepare parts sketches and write work orders and purchase requests to be furnished by outside contractors.
- Prepare specifications, designs, or sketches for machines, components, or systems related to the generation, transmission, or use of mechanical or fluid energy.
- Prepare reports, sketches, working drawings, specifications, proposals, and budgets for proposed sites or systems.
- Design agricultural machinery components and equipment, using computer-aided design (CAD) technology.
- Create schematics and physical layouts of integrated microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) components or packaged assemblies consistent with process, functional, or package constraints.