Related occupations for task:
Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
- Provide geographical information systems support to the private and public sectors.
- Develop, operate, and maintain geographical information computer systems, including hardware, software, plotters, digitizers, printers, and video cameras.
||Remote Sensing Technicians
- Consult with remote sensing scientists, surveyors, cartographers, or engineers to determine project needs.
- Develop specialized computer software routines to customize and integrate image analysis.
||Precision Agriculture Technicians
- Provide advice on the development or application of better boom-spray technology to limit the overapplication of chemicals and to reduce the migration of chemicals beyond the fields being treated.
- Advise farmers on upgrading Global Positioning System (GPS) equipment to take advantage of newly installed advanced satellite technology.
||Remote Sensing Scientists and Technologists
- Develop automated routines to correct for the presence of image distorting artifacts, such as ground vegetation.
- Recommend new remote sensing hardware or software acquisitions.
- Develop instrumentation and software for astronomical observation and analysis.
See all 12 related occupations >>