Related occupations for task:
Consult with remote sensing scientists, surveyors, cartographers, or engineers to determine project needs.
- Develop new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
- Create novel computational approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, or graphic algorithms.
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities, such as genetic analysis, measurement of gene expression, or gene function determination.
- Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools.
- Improve user interfaces to bioinformatics software and databases.
- Confer with departments, such as marketing, business development, or operations, to coordinate product development or improvement.
- Collaborate with software developers in the development and modification of commercial bioinformatics software.
- Test new and updated bioinformatics tools and software.
- Provide geographical information systems support to the private and public sectors.
- Develop, operate, and maintain geographical information computer systems, including hardware, software, plotters, digitizers, printers, and video cameras.
- Collaborate with engineers to research, analyze, or resolve complex transportation design issues.
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop sustainable transportation strategies at the local, regional, or national level.
||Food Scientists and Technologists
- Confer with process engineers, plant operators, flavor experts, and packaging and marketing specialists to resolve problems in product development.
- Develop instrumentation and software for astronomical observation and analysis.
See all 12 related occupations >>