Related occupations for task:
Monitor the use and status of medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Clean and restock operating room, gathering and placing equipment and supplies and arranging instruments according to instructions, such as a preference card.
- Maintain supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, or glucose, for use during operations.
||Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Maintain vehicles and medical and communication equipment and replenish first aid equipment and supplies.
- Verify availability of operating room supplies, medications, and gases.
- Order and purchase pharmaceutical supplies, medical supplies, or drugs, maintaining stock and storing and handling it properly.
See all 16 related occupations >>