Related occupations for task:
Refer patients requiring more specialized or complex treatment to psychiatrists, primary care physicians, or other medical specialists.
- Discharge patient from physical therapy when goals or projected outcomes have been attained and provide for appropriate follow-up care or referrals.
- Inform patients and refer to appropriate practitioners when diagnosis reveals findings outside physical therapy.
- Refer clients to community resources or services.
- Identify tubal and ectopic pregnancies and refer patients for treatments.
- Refer patients to specialists for procedures such as ultrasounds or biophysical profiles.
- Provide, or refer patients to other providers for, education or counseling on topics such as genetic testing, newborn care, contraception, or breastfeeding.
- Consult with other health professionals to provide optimal patient care, referring patients to traditional health care professionals as necessary.
- Order diagnostic imaging procedures such as radiographs (x-rays), ultrasounds, mammograms, and bone densitometry tests, or refer patients to other health professionals for these procedures.
- Treat or refer patients for primary care conditions, such as headaches, hypertension, urinary tract infections, upper respiratory infections, and dermatological conditions.
- Consult with, or refer patients to, appropriate specialists when conditions exceed the scope of practice or expertise.
- Refer patients to other relevant services to provide continuity of care.
See more related occupations >>