||Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Apply, remove, and repair insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement, or asphalt mastic.
- Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments or cement mortar.
- Move controls, buttons, or levers to start blowers, and to regulate flow of materials through nozzles.
||Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Fit, wrap, staple, or glue insulating materials to structures or surfaces, using hand tools or wires.
- Cover and line structures with blown or rolled forms of materials to insulate against cold, heat, or moisture, using saws, knives, rasps, trowels, blowers, or other tools and implements.
- Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments, or cement mortars.
- Move controls, buttons, or levers to start blowers and regulate flow of materials through nozzles.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Install blanket insulation between studs and tack plastic moisture barriers over insulation.
- Seal joints between ceiling tiles and walls.
- Fasten glass panes into wood sashes or frames with clips, points, or moldings, adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints.
- Pack spaces between moldings and glass with glazing compounds and trim excess material with glazing knives.
- Perform building weatherization tasks, such as repairing windows, adding insulation, or applying weather-stripping materials.
- Apply weather-stripping to reduce energy loss.