Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.01 - Acute Care Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Manage patients' pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, monitoring patients' responses, and changing care plans accordingly.
- Perform or manage regional anesthetic techniques, such as local, spinal, epidural, caudal, nerve blocks and intravenous blocks.
- Prepare prescribed solutions and administer local, intravenous, spinal, or other anesthetics, following specified methods and procedures.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Care for and monitor the condition of animals recovering from surgery.
- Administer anesthesia to animals, under the direction of a veterinarian, and monitor animals' responses to anesthetics so that dosages can be adjusted.
- Administer anesthetic, adjuvant, or accessory drugs under the direction of an anesthesiologist.
- Assist anesthesiologists in performing anesthetic procedures, such as epidural or spinal injections.
- Recognize or treat complications during and after procedures, including blood pressure problems, pain, oversedation, or bleeding.
- Administer or maintain conscious sedation during and after procedures.
- Postoperatively inject a subcutaneous local anesthetic agent to reduce pain.
See all 12 related occupations >>