Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.03 - Critical Care Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Administer first aid treatment or life support care to sick or injured persons in prehospital settings.
- Perform emergency cardiac care, such as cardioversion and manual defibrillation.
- Perform emergency invasive intervention before delivering patient to an acute care facility.
- Perform emergency pharmacological interventions.
||Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Monitor patients' conditions and reevaluate treatments as necessary.
- Perform emergency resuscitations on patients.
- Stabilize patients in critical condition.
- Provide emergency care, such as artificial respiration, external cardiac massage, or assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Monitor patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, or blood chemistry changes, and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur.
- Monitor cardiac patients, using electrocardiography devices, such as a holter monitor.
- Monitor patients' responses, including skin color, pupil dilation, pulse, heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, ventilation, or urine output, using invasive and noninvasive techniques.
- Respond to emergency situations by providing airway management, administering emergency fluids or drugs, or using basic or advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Evaluate patients' post-surgical or post-anesthesia responses, taking appropriate corrective actions or requesting consultation if complications occur.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Perform emergency medical procedures, such as basic cardiac life support (BLS), advanced cardiac life support (ACLS), and other condition-stabilizing interventions.
- Administer blood and blood product transfusions or intravenous infusions, monitoring patients for adverse reactions.
- Prescribe medications and observe patients' reactions, modifying prescriptions as needed.
See more related occupations >>