Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.00 - Registered Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment, or supplies and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Clean and restock operating room, gathering and placing equipment and supplies and arranging instruments according to instructions, such as a preference card.
- Maintain supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, or glucose, for use during operations.
||Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Assemble and use equipment, such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, or oxygen suppliers.
- Set up equipment and prepare medical treatment rooms.
- Inventory and requisition supplies and instruments.
||Occupational Health and Safety Technicians
- Prepare or calibrate equipment used to collect or analyze samples.
- Verify availability or monitor use of safety equipment, such as hearing protection or respirators.
- Determine availability of necessary equipment or supplies for operative procedures.
- Gather, arrange, or assemble instruments or supplies.
See more related occupations >>