Related Occupations for Task
25-4012.00 - Curators
Related occupations for task:
Plan and organize the acquisition, storage, and exhibition of collections and related materials, including the selection of exhibition themes and designs, and develop or install exhibit materials.
||Museum Technicians and Conservators
- Install, arrange, assemble, and prepare artifacts for exhibition, ensuring the artifacts' safety, reporting their status and condition, and identifying and correcting any problems with the set up.
- Construct skeletal mounts of fossils, replicas of archaeological artifacts, or duplicate specimens, using a variety of materials and hand tools.
- Coordinate exhibit installations, assisting with design, constructing displays, dioramas, display cases, and models, and ensuring the availability of necessary materials.
- Build, repair, and install wooden steps, scaffolds, and walkways to gain access to or permit improved view of exhibited equipment.
- Cut and weld metal sections in reconstruction or renovation of exterior structural sections and accessories of exhibits.
||Librarians and Media Collections Specialists
- Evaluate vendor products and performance, negotiate contracts, and place orders.
- Arrange for interlibrary loans of materials not available in a particular library.
- Assemble and arrange display materials.
||Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, and Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Select and obtain materials and supplies, such as textbooks and laboratory equipment.
- Purchase and maintain equipment to support research projects.
- Locate new materials and direct their acquisition and display.
||Teaching Assistants, Postsecondary
- Order or obtain materials needed for classes.
See more related occupations >>