||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Repair or replace musical instrument parts and components, such as strings, bridges, felts, and keys, using hand and power tools.
- Repair cracks in wood or metal instruments, using pinning wire, lathes, fillers, clamps, or soldering irons.
- Shape old parts and replacement parts to improve tone or intonation, using hand tools, lathes, or soldering irons.
- Make wood replacement parts, using woodworking machines and hand tools.
- Solder or weld frames of mallet instruments and metal drum parts.
- Repair breaks in percussion instruments, such as drums and cymbals, using drill presses, power saws, glue, clamps, grinding wheels, or other hand tools.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Guide and direct flames or electrodes on or across workpieces to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal.
||Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Overhaul and test machines or equipment to ensure operating efficiency.
- Adjust, maintain, and repair or replace subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, using hand tools, jacks, and cranes.
- Weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using electric or gas welders and soldering tools.
- Fit bearings to adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Fabricate needed parts or items from sheet metal.
||Sheet Metal Workers
- Fabricate ducts for high efficiency heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems to maximize efficiency of systems.
- Finish parts, using hacksaws or hand, rotary, or squaring shears.
- Shape metal material over anvils, blocks, or other forms, using hand tools.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills.
- Perform sheet metal work necessary for solar panel installations.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Set up, operate, or tend welding machines that join or bond components to fabricate metal products or assemblies.
- Correct problems by adjusting controls or by stopping machines and opening holding devices.
- Tend auxiliary equipment used in welding processes.
- Start, monitor, and adjust robotic welding production lines.