Related occupations for task:
Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing.
||Computer Network Support Specialists
- Install network software, including security or firewall software.
- Install new hardware or software systems or components, ensuring integration with existing network systems.
- Install or repair network cables, including fiber optic cables.
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
||Computer User Support Specialists
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Modify and customize commercial programs for internal needs.
||Computer Systems Analysts
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
- Back up or modify applications and related data to provide for disaster recovery.
- Install or configure Web server software or hardware to ensure that directory structure is well-defined, logical, and secure, and that files are named properly.
See all 17 related occupations >>