Related occupations for task:
Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
||Couriers and Messengers
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering goods.
- Manage shipments by researching shipping methods or costs and tracking packages.
||Cargo and Freight Agents
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
||Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Determine manner in which mail is to be sent, and prepare it for delivery to mailing facilities.