Related Occupations for Task
29-1141.00 - Registered Nurses
Related occupations for task:
Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
||Veterinary Technologists and Technicians
- Administer anesthesia to animals, under the direction of a veterinarian, and monitor animals' responses to anesthetics so that dosages can be adjusted.
- Prepare and administer medications, vaccines, serums, or treatments, as prescribed by veterinarians.
- Observe the behavior and condition of animals and monitor their clinical symptoms.
||Critical Care Nurses
- Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Administer medications intravenously, by injection, orally, through gastric tubes, or by other methods.
- Administer blood and blood products, monitoring patients for signs and symptoms related to transfusion reactions.
- Monitor patients' responses, including skin color, pupil dilation, pulse, heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, ventilation, or urine output, using invasive and noninvasive techniques.
- Evaluate patients' post-surgical or post-anesthesia responses, taking appropriate corrective actions or requesting consultation if complications occur.
- Monitor maternal condition during labor by checking vital signs, monitoring uterine contractions, or performing physical examinations.
- Set up or monitor the administration of oxygen or medications.
- Administer drugs, orally or by injection, or perform intravenous procedures.
- Perform emergency pharmacological interventions.
See more related occupations >>