Related occupations for task:
Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget preparation purposes.
||Architectural and Civil Drafters
- Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
- Calculate heat loss and gain of buildings and structures to determine required equipment specifications, following standard procedures.
- Prepare cost estimates, contracts, bidding documents, and technical reports for specific projects under an architect's or engineer's supervision.
||Civil Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Develop plans and estimate costs for installation of systems, utilization of facilities, or construction of structures.
- Develop project budgets by estimating the cost of project activities.
- Prepare project budgets, schedules, or specifications for labor or materials.
- Estimate transportation project costs.
- Estimate costs or submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects.
- Calculate energy losses for buildings, using equipment such as computers, combustion analyzers, or pressure gauges.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Estimate cost factors including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, or installing.
- Analyze or estimate production costs, such as labor, equipment, and plant space.
See all 18 related occupations >>