Related Occupations for Task
41-2022.00 - Parts Salespersons
Related occupations for task:
Manage shipments by researching shipping methods or costs and tracking packages.
- Calculate weight, volume, or cost of goods to be moved.
- Select shipment routes, based on nature of goods shipped, transit times, or security needs.
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations.
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Arrange for special transport of sensitive cargoes, such as livestock, food, or medical supplies.
- Analyze shipping routes to determine how to minimize environmental impact.
- Arrange for transport, using a variety of modes, such as rail, short sea shipping, air, or roadways, to minimize carbon emissions or other environmental impacts.
- Review the environmental records of freight carriers to inform shipping decisions.
||Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Clerks
- Determine shipping methods, routes, or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping, storage, or demurrage charges, using computer or price list.
- Compare shipping routes or methods to determine which have the least environmental impact.
||Cargo and Freight Agents
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and other shipping documents.
- Estimate freight or postal rates and record shipment costs and weights.
||Billing, Cost, and Rate Clerks
- Compute credit terms, discounts, shipment charges, or rates for goods or services to complete billing documents.
||Couriers and Messengers
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for delivering goods.
See all 9 related occupations >>