Related occupations for task:
Secure passengers for transportation by buckling seatbelts or fastening wheelchairs with tie-down straps.
||Parking Lot Attendants
- Take numbered tags from customers, locate vehicles, and deliver vehicles, or provide customers with instructions for locating vehicles.
- Greet customers and open their car doors.
- Provide customer assistance and information, such as giving directions or handling wheelchairs.
- Call emergency responders or the proper authorities and provide motorist assistance, such as giving directions or helping jump start a stalled vehicle.
- Reassure passengers when situations, such as turbulence, are encountered.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort and to distribute reading material, headphones, pillows, playing cards, and blankets.
- Heat and serve prepared foods.
||Bus Drivers, Transit and Intercity
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort.
||Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators
- Adjust controls to regulate air-conditioning, heating, and lighting on trains for comfort of passengers.
||Bus Drivers, School or Special Client
- Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilation systems for passenger comfort.