Related Occupations for Task
43-3071.00 - Tellers
Related occupations for task:
Answer telephones and assist customers with their questions.
- Answer customers' questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Monitor emergency and code alarms, make emergency announcements, or route emergency calls to the appropriate location.
- Answer simple questions about clients' businesses, using reference files.
- Listen to customer requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
- Answer telephone calls from potential customers who have been solicited through advertisements.
||Public Safety Telecommunicators
- Receive incoming telephone or alarm system calls regarding emergency and non-emergency police and fire service, emergency ambulance service, information, and after-hours calls for departments within a city.
- Answer routine inquiries, and refer calls not requiring dispatches to appropriate departments and agencies.
See more related occupations >>