Related occupations for task:
Greet and seat guests, and present menus and wine lists.
||Waiters and Waitresses
- Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request.
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Escort customers to their tables.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Describe and recommend wines to customers.
||Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Provide guests with menus.
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings.
- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas.
- Inform patrons of establishment specialties and features.
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them.
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions.
||Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Determine where patients or patrons would like to eat their meals and help them get situated.
||Food Preparation Workers
- Distribute menus to hospital patients, collect diet sheets, and deliver food trays and snacks to nursing units or directly to patients.