Related occupations for task:
Determine quality, cost, strength, and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
||Mechanical Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- Calculate required capacities for equipment of proposed system to obtain specified performance and submit data to engineering personnel for approval.
- Estimate cost factors including labor and material for purchased and fabricated parts and costs for assembly, testing, or installing.
- Analyze or estimate production costs, such as labor, equipment, and plant space.
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, or installation standards or specifications.
- Prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
- Estimate labor, material, or construction costs for budget preparation purposes.
||Electronics Engineers, Except Computer
- Determine project material or equipment needs.
- Prepare budget or cost estimates for equipment, construction, or installation projects or control expenditures.
- Estimate production costs, cost saving methods, and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action, and control.
- Complete production reports, purchase orders, and material, tool, and equipment lists.
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs, or performance benefits of new mechatronic equipment.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs.
See more related occupations >>