Related occupations for task:
Pour molten metal alloys or other materials into molds in order to cast models of jewelry.
||Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Sift and pack sand into mold sections, core boxes, and pattern contours, using hand or pneumatic ramming tools.
- Position cores into lower sections of molds, and reassemble molds for pouring.
- Pour molten metal into molds, manually or with crane ladles.
||Dental Laboratory Technicians
- Melt metals or mix plaster, porcelain, or acrylic pastes and pour materials into molds or over frameworks to form dental prostheses or apparatus.
- Create a model of patient's mouth by pouring plaster into a dental impression and allowing plaster to set.
||Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators
- Spray chopped fiberglass, resins, and catalysts onto prepared molds or dies using pneumatic spray guns with chopper attachments.
- Pat or press layers of saturated mat or cloth into place on molds, using brushes or hands, and smooth out wrinkles and air bubbles with hands or squeegees.
||Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Pour and regulate the flow of molten metal into molds and forms to produce ingots or other castings, using ladles or hand-controlled mechanisms.
- Add metal to molds to compensate for shrinkage.
||Molders, Shapers, and Casters, Except Metal and Plastic
- Place forms around models and separately immerse each half portion of a model in plaster, wax, or other mold-making materials.
- Pour, pack, spread, or press plaster, concrete, or other materials into or around models or molds.
See all 8 related occupations >>