Related occupations for task:
Weigh, mix, and melt metal alloys or materials needed for jewelry models.
||Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers
- Melt and apply solder along adjoining edges of workpieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment.
- Melt and apply solder to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products, using soldering equipment.
||Painting, Coating, and Decorating Workers
- Select and mix ingredients to prepare coating substances according to specifications, using paddles or mechanical mixers.
- Melt or heat coating materials to specified temperatures.
||Furnace, Kiln, Oven, Drier, and Kettle Operators and Tenders
- Melt or refine metal before casting, calculating required temperatures, and observe metal color, adjusting controls as necessary to maintain required temperatures.
- Weigh or measure specified amounts of ingredients or materials for processing, using devices such as scales and calipers.
||Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Weigh or measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before adding them to machines.
- Mix paints to match color specifications or original colors, stirring or thinning paints, using spatulas or power mixing equipment.
||Plating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Measure or weigh materials, using rulers, calculators, and scales.
See more related occupations >>